This year has come with a couple of moments, situations and people to challenge the extremely thankful bubble I’ve lived in since becoming a mother. For the most part, I love my life. It is so full and wonderful. But of course not everything can be wonderful all of the time, so taking a few moments to remind ourselves of some of the things we are most thankful for is a great way to put a smile on the dial.
As this is my first time joining in on 10 things of thankful, I am thinking on much bigger terms than just the week to week stuff today. Start big… work my way to the smaller bits of goodness in my life.
- My daughter Lily – I could be having the worst day in the world, yet spending time with this girl gives me the greatest joy in the world. We spend so much of each day having fun together, laughing, playing or cuddling. They are the best moments in my life and I am thankful every day is full of them.
- My husband Simon – Yes he drives me insane sometimes. Including this past hour. But he is reliable, supportive (usually), a wonderful father, and a source of humour in my life.
- My parents – They really are something wonderful. They go out of their way to accommodate me when I need them to. They surprise me with random kindness and I can rely on them for everything. I did get lucky when I scored my parents! The rest of the family goes pretty good too 😉
- My cats – They drive me up the way at times… or in cat terms… up the curtains, which is where one of my cats likes to run. Yes, they are high maintenance at times, and even a little naughty, but I love them anyway. I am thankful for the joy they bring my life, the laughs they give, and their companionship.
- The full life I lead – Sometimes I wonder if I am trying to do too much, too often. But I love it. I love that I get to indulge in creative hobbies and learn new ones all the time. I sometimes love that I still get to lead a professional career part time and put on my psychologist hat (not a literal hat…). I am thankful I get to go back to study soon and focus on another career, as so few people get to experience more than one career in a lifetime. I love that I’m always busy and never bored!
- Chocolate – Oh yes, I am thankful to have something this good to eat! And perhaps need to indulge a little less…
- My health – While the item in number 6 may not be the best thing for a healthy body, overall I’m doing okay. And I plan to work on this one a little more too but I am thankful that I have good health that prevents me from nothing at this point in my life.
- Warm weather – Winter is only days away here in Australia but lucky for me I live in sunny Queensland and our last couple of days have been warm enough for t-shirts and shorts even with Winter so near. Warm weather makes me feel happy, energetic and… warm!
- Laughter – Having the sounds of laughter in my life is something I will always be thankful for. Having a life that has humour, good times and happiness is something to be cherished!
- Pinterest – I am so addicted to Pinterest and it has become my go to place for everything. I have learnt so much, been inspired and can keep track of useful websites all in one place. So thankful for technology!
So there is my 10 things to be thankful for right here and now in May. What are you thankful for?