As is usually the case with my recipes, I had fun experimenting with random ingredients. Thankfully it was another success.
This time it was some fish skewers from the freezer I had purchased on a whim a little while ago. They were on sale so I thought why not… Then they sat and sat and sat in the freezer, without a clue what to do with them since they were plain.
Plain fish on a stick isn’t much fun!
So out came the marinating dish and some random ingredients.
- Plain fish skewers (or fillets of fish you skewer yourself)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Mix all the ingredients except your skewers into a bowl. Season to taste.
- Place fish skewers in suitable marinating dish. Add marinade and cover skewers.
- Marinate for a couple of hours or over night. Cook on grill, frying pan or BBQ.
- Serve with rice, cous cous or other side dish of your choice.
That’s it. Super simple and very tasty. You could essentially marinate any fish this way but the skewers are extra fun and actually would make great BBQ or entertaining food.