Liebster? Well it’s been a lot of years since I did high school German but I am pretty sure, with a little help from one of my Beatles cds with She Loves You in German, that it essentially means ‘love’. A little bit of blog love… although I could be way off 😉
So I have been kindly nominated for a Liebster Award by Lindsey at 101Thingstodowithkids. She has a great blog full of creative ideas to entertain the little people in your life. Be sure to check it out and thank you so much Lindsey for sending some love my way.
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So here are the questions Lindsey has asked and my answers!
1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Australia because I love my home country, however I would love to spend maybe a year in another country… somewhere like Singapore, Poland or Vietnam. Something totally unlike home.
2. Do you have any pets? Yes, 2 fur babies, Dexter and Squeak who are Devon Rex cats and a little on the crazy side. Pretty much I have 3 children… not just 1 toddler.
3. Facebook or twitter? Facebook.. Twitter both confuses and bores me.
4.What is your favourite food? Chocolate. Bad bad bad habit.
5.Where did you last go on holiday? Vietnam and loved it.
6. Best childhood memory? I had a pretty great childhood so its hard to think of just one really. I did used to love end of year school holidays over Summer, getting up, putting on swimmers and spending my day outside by the pool with a good book, in the pool, and just chilling out.
7. What’s your favourite movie? Hmm.. There’s a few. I love the Hunger Games movies. She’s the Man is a good chick comedy, but Pitch Perfect probably takes the cake.
8. Which celebrity would you most like to have dinner with? Ryan Gosling because he’s dreamy… but I’d probably be too nervous to talk haha So maybe that’s not such a great idea.
9. What was the last thing you ate? M&Ms and I’ve spoilt my appetite for dinner.
10. If you lived in a different decade which would you choose? The 70s maybe. I am kind of attached to the one’s I’ve lived through though.
11.How long have you been blogging? For a couple of years with a blog to share my scrapbooking, but this blog and my other newbie http://thecreativeclassroomau.wordpress.com are in their infancy.
11 Random facts about me:
1. I am a registered psychologist in a male high security correctional centre.
2. I have had more than 10 scrapbook pages published in Australian scrapbook magazines.
3. When I was a kid I wanted to be a zoologist, but hated chemistry so switched to psychology.
4. I have red hair although currently blonde after knocking something off the bucket list with the temporary change.
5. I hated school but now I want to become a teacher (hahaha yep, strange I know).
6. Current book on my bedside table is Book 2 of Game of Thrones.
7. I am currently trying to conceive baby 2. Fingers crossed it does not take too long 😉
8. When I was around 18-19 I did karate classes with my sister and niece. I have an orange belt LOL
9. My favourite colour is green. Apple green.
10. My first car was a Toyota Corolla, 88 model. It’s still kicking… my father in law drives it to work. Prior to mine, it was my husband’s first car.
11. My first white Christmas was 2008 in Zakopane, Poland. Christmas is hot here in Australia so I hope to give my own kids that experience one day.
Wow, it’s surprisingly hard coming up with 11 random facts.
So here are my nominees:
The Scrapbooking Swewi
Maggie Kate Harris
And the 11 questions I set for you are:
1. Favourite place in the world?
2. Favourite colour?
3. Hot or cold drinks?
4.Summer or winter?
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
6. Best thing that happened to you this week?
7. Favourite band/singer?
8. Least favourite food?
9. Early riser or night owl?
10. Apple or Android (or neither)?
11. Achievement you are most proud of?
Thank you for reading and thanks again Lindsey 🙂